Preparing for exchange period
Here is a checklist of the things which you should take care of before arriving.
- You will receive by email an Information package of UCPori which will include a Letter of Acceptance, Welcome Letter and Information on studying at UCPori, Application form for student card, Learning Agreement (if requested), Guide for Exchange Students and Pori city guide.
- Tutors introduce new students to the University Consortium campus, staff, and the city of Pori. Tutors help new students make their course schedules and tell them about exams and lectures. They also introduce students to Pointer ry and subject-specific societies and answer the various questions that new students may have. Information about your student tutor will be sent to you by email. Your tutor will give more information about arriving to Pori and guide you with practical matters. Please be in touch with your tutor and inform her/him and the International Office (international(at)ucpori.fi) on your arrival details.
- If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you most likely will need to apply for a Residence Permit before arrival to Finland. EU/EEA citizens may apply for student residency at the local police station within 3 months after arriving to Finland.
- Remember to apply for housing. Finding a place to stay for your exchange period in Pori will require independent effort from you. Read more
- Pori is situated on the western cost of Finland about 250 km from Helsinki (location and maps). There are various ways to reach Pori. Remember to book your travel tickets and please arrive in time for the Orientation week which is organised at the beginning of each semester (end of August, beginning of January). Please note that the Orientation week is mandatory.
- Non-EU/EEA citizens are required to have health insurance before arrival. It is advisable to purchase a travel insurance as well.
- EU/EEA citizens, check your insurance with your own insurance company. It is strongly recommended to take out insurance (including baggage, travel and legal insurance) even if you come within the local health insurance provisions
- Please remember to regularly check your emails also during summer in case of additional information and instructions concerning your exchange
We are looking forward to meeting you in Pori!